Monday, August 8, 2011

On the Brink

Have you ever just sat and wondered "what if?" Of course you have, we all have.


Although many of us claim that we would go back and turn back of the hands of time, I honestly think that we really wouldn't if we could. Think about how many of the decisions we have made that has molded who we are now; would you?


Then there are times, that we are on the edge. Wondering if we should take the plunge... say things we know we want to say, feel things that we want to feel, and to let go of the hesitations and just go for it. That's exactly when the angel on the left shoulder always decides to speak... or at least it seems that way. Speaking what the mind knows is the right answer, but every other sign tells you that the "what if" will creep up if not done now.


I guess you can say lately my emotions have been "on the brink." However, the rational "man" side, according to Men Are from Mars, Women are from Venus, reminds me that time will only solve itself and to continue living in my "cave" until all signs tell me to open and convey my true thoughts. On the other hand, my youthful naive Jacqueline tells me to continue to be spontaneous, and that there is no better time than the present. All tables turn however when the shoe is on your own foot, and that when in the midst of making an irrelevant, unsubstantial decision ends up turning into what makes up a lot of the day waiting for something to happen that in turn may not be happening simply because hurt has taught me to say nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment